image that is now
32 interesting facts about Mexico
1. The official name of Mexico is Estados Únidos Mexicanos – United Mexican States.
2. Mexican tamales (cornmeal tortilla with filling) called zacahuil has a length of three meters and weighs about 150 pounds.
3. Mexico gave the world chocolate, corn and chili.
4. Mexico is the birthplace of a very rare tailless rabbit (or “volcanic rabbit”) that lives alongside Mexican volcanoes.
5. The largest North American wildcat, jaguar, can be found in the southern Mexican jungle.
6. The first printing press in North America was used in Mexico City, the capital of Mexico, in 1539.
7. Millions of Danaid Monarch butterflies fly to Mexico from the USA and Canada every year, although their distribution areas are sharply reduced due to deforestation. Continue reading