City of a million temples
This amazing place, many did not even know about its existence. Bagan or Pagan is an ancient city in Myanmar (Burma) with a fascinating history, this is where the writing, literature, architecture, visual arts of modern Myanmar originated. With full confidence, Bagan can be called the city of a million temples.
The emergence of the Pagan State is an amazing historical phenomenon. A powerful state developed, by historical standards, almost instantly, having conquered the whole world with magnificent works of art, the flourishing of religion and a perfect administrative system. Scientists can not name a specific reason for such rapid development, because the documentary evidence is not preserved. Continue reading
32 interesting facts about Mexico
1. The official name of Mexico is Estados Únidos Mexicanos – United Mexican States.
2. Mexican tamales (cornmeal tortilla with filling) called zacahuil has a length of three meters and weighs about 150 pounds.
3. Mexico gave the world chocolate, corn and chili.
4. Mexico is the birthplace of a very rare tailless rabbit (or “volcanic rabbit”) that lives alongside Mexican volcanoes.
5. The largest North American wildcat, jaguar, can be found in the southern Mexican jungle.
6. The first printing press in North America was used in Mexico City, the capital of Mexico, in 1539.
7. Millions of Danaid Monarch butterflies fly to Mexico from the USA and Canada every year, although their distribution areas are sharply reduced due to deforestation. Continue reading
Taganrog – a city by the sea
Taganrog is located on the coast of the Azov Sea. It is the proximity of the sea that has a strong influence on the weather conditions of this area, although the climate is considered moderately continental. Summer is long, moderately hot, and winter is warm and short, so the city is considered a seaside resort.
The average annual temperature is kept at +10 ° C, but there are also strong frosts and very hot days. Heat and lack of moisture are transferred by residents and guests of the city much easier, thanks to the sea breezes blowing in the afternoon from the sea, and in the evening – in the opposite direction. Continue reading