1. The official name of Mexico is Estados Únidos Mexicanos – United Mexican States.
2. Mexican tamales (cornmeal tortilla with filling) called zacahuil has a length of three meters and weighs about 150 pounds.
3. Mexico gave the world chocolate, corn and chili.
4. Mexico is the birthplace of a very rare tailless rabbit (or “volcanic rabbit”) that lives alongside Mexican volcanoes.
5. The largest North American wildcat, jaguar, can be found in the southern Mexican jungle.
6. The first printing press in North America was used in Mexico City, the capital of Mexico, in 1539.
7. Millions of Danaid Monarch butterflies fly to Mexico from the USA and Canada every year, although their distribution areas are sharply reduced due to deforestation. Continue reading
“The size of the monument should be determined by the degree of significance of the event for the entire civilization. We are not trying to carve an epic out of stone, depict a scene of moonlight, or write a sonnet; we are not dealing with mysticism or tragedy, but rather with constructive and dramatic moments or turning points in our amazing story, ”said Gutzon Borglum, a sculptor who created Mount Rushmore.
Mount Rushmore (Mount Rushmore) is located near the town of Keystone (Keystone), in the mountain region of Black Hills (Black Hills), in the territory of the US state of South Dakota. In its rock, huge granite sculptures are carved, forming the National Presidential Memorial of the United States. Continue reading
Male is the capital and largest city of the Maldives Republic. It is located on the island of the same name, on the atoll of Kaafu. The population is about 100,000 people. Since ancient times, the royal residence was located here. Male Island is only 2 kilometers long and 1 kilometer wide, completely built up with buildings and roads. In this case, Male remains a clean and tidy city with mosques, markets, a maze of small streets, wrapped in a veil of charm.
The size of the island was doubled by construction. There is everything that is supposed to have an eastern city: mosques, a market, many souvenir shops, small cafes with exotic dishes and more. Continue reading